Sycamore Community Schools has been studying the elementary school attendance boundaries within the district to find a solution for relieving a crowding situation at Montgomery Elementary School.
The committee of district employees who are studying options for a solution presented their research to the Board of Education during the February 5, 2014 Board meeting. You can find the five options that were considered at this link.
The Board of Education voted on a recommendation during the Board meeting on February 19, 2014.
Sycamore Community Schools:Changes to Elementary Attendance Areas Effective 2014-15 School Year
Approved February 19, 2014
The Sycamore Board of Education approved the following changes to elementary attendance areas beginning with the 2014-15 school year:
From Montgomery Elementary to Symmes Elementary
- Montgomery Towne – including Hetz Drive, Ponds Lane, Brookgreen Court, Barrington Court, Highfield Court, 10839-10913 Lake Thames Drive, and Lakehurst Court
- The Reserve – including Old Stone Court, Grandstone Lane, Wellsley Court, Hetheridge Lane, Grandon Ridge Circle, Chaucer Place, Bicentennial Place
- Morgans Trace – including Morgans Trace Drive, Farmcourt Lane and Kentonsrun Court
With the decision, the Reserve is now redistricted to the Symmes Elementary School.
The criteria used for making this decision were:
- Examine which schools have room to accept new students
- Maintain diversity within our four elementary buildings
- Consider proximity to other schools to minimize travel time on the bus
- Examine transportation costs for different options
- Examine an array of options for smooth transitioning to another school